Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tulips in Vase FRame:

Another piece well under way.  Hoping that this tulips in vase frame will resemble the finished version in my head.

 
I found a basic 8 X10 pine frame that I am using for the base but did add a crown of pine to get the curves I was looking for.  The pattern for the pieces are done and each layer has been cut.  I will be piecing several different elements for the finial on top (spindle from chair, old thread thimble, etc.)
 
Here is the dry run with all of the pieces (unnotched) in their places.  I found if I don't complete this step, I always end up missing some pieces in the end, which costs me more time than necessary.   I think my house bound cat takes great joy in hiding them from me.  She is very sneaky!
 

 
Now to notch all of the pieces, paint them, and secure them to the base.  I'm thinking maybe red...no yellow.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment