Friday, March 15, 2013

Before and AFter

One of the exciting parts of creating my folk art pieces, is seeing the transformation from the found piece to the finished item.  As I get used to blogging, I hope to be able to document the in between stages better.  Its hard to slow down and think to take pictures as I work. 

Here are the before and after picts of the soldier piece that I just completed and listed for sale on ebay.  If you are interested in a purchase, view my ebay listing at the bottom of my posts.

 
This piece started with a very basic frame purchased from Goodwill ($1.99).  The wooden pieces were designed and cut, the painting was designed and painted.  Ready for wood chipping, painting and assembly.
 
 
 
This is the completed piece with approximately 70 chipped pieces and vintage hanger added to the top.  I am very happy with the end result and hoping a good home will be found soon.
 
 
Happy UPcyling!   Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment