Monday, March 11, 2013

The First STep

Well,  Here goes nothing...The first step.  Just doing it, not just talking about it any more.  Taking that big step of declaring that your hobby has turned into so much more than you ever expected.  Your stress reliever, your obsession, your passion.  Admitting to the world that you love the smell of old wood, paint, and rusty things. Taking yourself and that thing that you're good at and love so much seriously. Stepping onto that soap box even though it puts you out of your comfort zone. 

My name is Angie Dow and I absolutely love tramp art, folk art, outsider art and the whimsy.  I love creating  amazing folk art pieces by spending little, scavengening, and upcycling.  I spend my spare time, searching for those rusty nails, chippy spindles, and forgotten treasures and imagining my next one of a kind piece.

Here are few that I completed recently:



This piece was created from a basic pine frame from Goodwill.  Cost very little to make but took many hours of designing and woodchipping.

 
 
This was a custom made piece that was created using an old large spindle that I upcycled from the dump and a very basic bird house.  This piece sported handpainted distelfinks and many wood chipped pieces with a cedar roof.
 
I'm hoping by starting this blog and sharing my process of creating these pieces, I will inspire  other folk art lovers  to put all of those collections of bottlecaps, old picture frames, spindles, etc. to good use.  You  know who you are!  Come out of the closet!
 
Lets share our creations and be proud of what we have create from little.

No comments:

Post a Comment