Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Thrill of the HUnt

One of my favorite parts of what I do, is the hunt for base pieces to use for my tramp art pieces.  I comb yard sales, resale shops, Goodwill (one of my favorites), and am always looking for items to upcycle and to make my tramp art pieces different and amazing.  I let these finds dictate what I create next or other wise I get stuck on what the next best project should be.  Some of the items sit on my kitchen table or in my basement for quite sometime before I know what they are meant to be but I have learned to be patient and the creation comes. Eventially!

Here are a couple of new treasures that I have found.  Both very cute but in need of a higher calling.

I fell in love with this box right away. Great old paint. Love the heart opening used to open it up.  I am envisioning at this moment a tramped mantel box with legs and a finial.  Time will tell.



 
This is a very quiant piece and holds alot of potential.  Maybe a tramped jewelery box?
 
I will be sharing some of my transformations with before and after pictures and will also share the process along the way.  It so exciting to take an item that is destined for that yard sale or trash heap and create something that makes someone else happy.  Oh yeah...and makes me happy along the way too.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment