Monday, March 3, 2014

Forever & Always: Back on TRack

I survived school vacation, basketball tournament season, a 14th birthday sleep over and 2013 tax preparation.  Now back to the project I have been walking by for the last 2 to 3 weeks.  It's been trying to wave me down, sitting front and center on my kitchen table.  I've been able to follow through on a few project steps but have not been able to fully concentrate on its creation.  Too busy - Life has been moving forward and has required more Mom time I guess.  Another reason why I love the flexibility of what I do - the ability to set work aside for those things that need my attention.  Family time!

Where did I leave off??  I've created the sturdy pine base, created my pattern pieces, and cut out the individual layers. I washed, dried and cut the white birch bark to fit around the inner surface of the frame pieces.   Here is the dry run and piece check  I did this morning.   I recreated about 10 pieces and trimmed up a few others.  The layout looks just right.  Lots of warmth and love radiating to the center of the frame!



Over the next couple of days, the sanding  and wood chipping will be finished up, and then the fun begins.  Color!!!  Check out the oranges, greens, grays and browns in this close up of the birch bark.  Amazingly soft  colors!



We'll see how it comes together once color is used but I'm hoping to do some hand painted details along the scalloped edge and maybe even some wood burning details.  It might even need some copper tacks for the final touch!

Happy Tramping,
Angie
  

No comments:

Post a Comment