Thursday, February 13, 2014

Forever & Always: Birch BArk

My next challenge is to design and build a frame to display an amazing engagement picture.  It needs to be warm, comfortable but still have that pop of young love!

White birch bark is warm!  I had to use it in this project and work it into some Adirondack like inspired frame.  With hearts of course!

White birch bark has amazing, deep oranges, browns, grays and greens.  Among lots of other colors!  With some love and antiquing, I think the colors that I am working with will provide the warm and comfortable look that I'm shooting for. 

For it's palette, I've chosen cayenne, walnut, graphite, old ivy and an mixed creation of red.  But these could change as things move along!  I'm hoping to create it to be 5 - 8 layers deep with a lace like border that has hand painted details.  Two red hearts in each corner will provide a spark of color!


Off to next challenge: washing, flattening and cutting white birch bark!  Definitely a new media for me!

Happy Tramping,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment