Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Last Day of Winter INspiration



For my next challenge, I have decided to make a piece in honor of local destination that had suffered a devastating loss rencently.  Here in Ellsworth, Maine we have a bird sanctuary that rescues, cares for and loves our local injured birds.  Birdsacre - Stanwood Wildlife Sanctuary, in Ellsworth, Maine, has rescued, cared for and loved our local injured birds while providing an amazing network of walking trails for local use.  On March 2,2014 , Birdsacre suffered a devastating arson fire that destroyed the main house with many of its artifacts.  My family has many fond memories involving Birdsacre and the fascinating birds in their care, not to mention the network of walking trails we have enjoyed for many years.  It's an amazing facility that does incredible stuff, and should be enjoyed and supported by all!!!   Please check out their website at: http://www.birdsacre.com/ and help in any way you can!


So how do I help?  No question!  I have to make a frame in honor of Birdsacre and donate the proceeds in help restore the damage.  Every little bit helps and if I can help get the word out even better!

Now I needed a little inspiration to get me started.  It needs to have owls of course!!!  But what colors, size, a mirror?  So I was off to our local Goodwill store hoping to find a little spark on this sunny last day of winter.

And low and behold...I found my spark.  Check out this family of owls I found wrapped in scotch tape!



My spark! My inspiration for my next project!  Not sure how or if I will use them in the final project but they definitely have pointed me in the right direction! 

Happy Tramping,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment