Thursday, November 28, 2013

Tramp Art with a side of TUrkey!

Since I am currently creating my tramp art on my kitchen table, finishing the assembly of  the key to my heart II frame was of the up most importance for Thanksgiving day.  Loose pieces needed to be secured and finished, so that we could clear and prepare for our families Thanksgiving. 

A dry run of the assembly brought some uneven pieces to my attention and helped me make some final color choices.  I chose to use a bright turquoise which will look lovely after it is antiqued and will allow for the skeleton keys to show up better.  A little splash of yellow here and there with some hand painted detail to tie it all together.  Here is a picture of the dry run with keys placed on top.



 
After some quick tweaking, cutting and rechipping the tramp art pieces are secured in there places.  Again predrilling the pieces made the assembly incredibly smooth without broken pieces to recreate and an overall more solid piece.
 
 
Now the step that really changes the looks of things.  The antiquing medium will be added with a little more destruction here and there and VIOLA!!  deep, rich, and time worn colors.  Just the way I like them!
 
Sitting by my side as always, is my best bud Cooper.  Here is a recent picture of him sporting my reading glasses.  He is not very happy about the glasses and is counting the days until school vacation is over.  Too much attention from my thirteen year old when he is used to it just being him and I. He is a gentle soul and completely devoted to me! God love him.
 
 
Happy Tramping with a side of Turkey!     Angie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment