Monday, December 2, 2013

My Tramp Art EPiphany!!

After a vacation week of basketball practice, starting to prepare for the holidays and Thanksgiving festivities, I'm hoping to get the Downeast Tramp Art and Whimsy blog caught up.  It was a busy week of fun family stuff but I still managed to squeak out a little bit of creative time.  Thanks to my helpful teenagers!

The Key to my Heart II frame was antiqued and varnished several times when I realized there was something missing.  HMMMM....the color balance was a little off.  What to do?? 





Definitely needed a little pop of color....YELLOW!  I created a wood chipped tramp art yellow border with red detail that encompasses the frame and really makes all of the colors pop.  Just the oomph it needed.

Now here comes the Epiphany part!!  While designing this yellow border, I realized with a gentle touch and with some additional hard wood pieces in key places, I can also build my tramp art layers from the back side of the frame.  This opens so many more possibilities for my pieces! Endless!

Here is a picture of the final piece with the skeleton key embellishments in place.  I'm pretty happy with the end results!!





My next mission is to create a very simple, rustic, and cute (of course!) owl picture frame for a family member.    I'm thinking chunky, old wood owl with a small picture opening in its body. 


Maybe from this old crate side....Stay tuned!



Happy tramping,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment