Sunday, November 17, 2013

Key to my HEart II

My next challenge is creating a tramp art frame like my first Key to my Heart frame but better!  Here is a picture of my original.

 
I am hoping to recreate this piece, while making the frame stronger, the colors lighter and richer, and this new piece will definitely be one of a kind.  Fortunately, I am able to use the pattern pieces from the original with some tweaking.
 
I've gathered pattern pieces, pine frame base, some old skeleton keys, some poplar and oak hobby boards and a quick sketch on paper.  Everything to get started on this special piece minus paint, glue and nails.


 
After a little bit of reworking and straightening of some pattern pieces, I have traced them onto the hobby boards to cut out.  Oak was used for the very bottom layer to strengthen the entire frame.  The pieces have been cut out and laid out on the base frame for a dry run.  A total of approximately 60 pieces and they are all there and fitting perfectly.
 
 

 
Now for a quick sanding and then the wood chipping will begin.   I'm looking forward to a rainy Monday of wood chipping and catching up on those t.v. shows.  Now to ponder those wonderful colors....teal, red, and ivory! Oh My!
 
Happy Tramping    Angie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment