Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sea Breeze Starburst Tramp Art Frame

I've started my next project, "Sea Breeze", and its moving right along.  I've created a preliminary design, created the layout and have decided on a palette.  What is not to love about sea breeze green and burnt orange, antiqued and buffed into amazing, rich shades?  Hands down one of my favorite color combinations!




I've created all of the pattern pieces, scroll cut the  pieces and have started the chip carving.  For strength this piece is getting a base layer of oak, and will be completed in hand chipped poplar.  I've built a strong pine base frame to build upon and created a dust cover for the back.  



Off to enjoy my Maine sea breeze and a glass of cold iced tea, while I work on my basket of chip carving!  Does life get any better???

Happy Tramping,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment