Friday, January 31, 2014

Winter Star Challenge: honing my SKills

Winter Star Tramp Art Frame is well underway, with the pieces all cut, sanded, painted and then finally chipped.  Sore fingers here!

I've decided that this piece will continue to be and has been a skill challenger for me.  Spending more attention to the accuracy of the pieces and using a very thin balic birch, should help give the frame the tall and tighter fit I'm aiming for.  I've tweaked the pattern pieces, carefully scrolled the pieces, and have been trying to keep my chipping consistent and clean. 

I've given the frame a metallic silver base and painted the rest of the pieces blue.  Here is a dry run picture of all of the pieces in place.  Looks like I've got an extra last layer pieces and am missing a second layer piece.  Bad Katy Cat! 



I'm off to create the missing piece and start the final assembly and antiquing.  By far, my favorite part of a project!

What is it missing?  There's a POP of color or embellishment needed!  Silver, Red...yellow...no, brass nails. Undecided!


Happy Tramping

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment