Friday, January 10, 2014

Owl Love Tramp Art FRame

I have survived the holidays, several snow storms, an ice storm, and the kids being home on vacation!  These busy times don't really leave any spare to work on my creative projects.  I tend to create a design, start the project and slowly pick at it when life allows.  This creative time is so important to me.  Not only do I love to create these pieces of art, I have also learned that I need my creative time.  I'm a much easier person to live with when I'm getting my dose of creative stuff.

I have started my next frame which I am calling Owl Love.  I am making this Owl love tramp art frame for a friend whom is also an owl lover and has supported my creative development over the last year tremendously.  This one is for you Marguerite!

I have sketched up a simple design on paper and have cut out the pine base frame which will be backed with a simple  4 x 4 frame.  After tweaking the design slightly to include a heart,  I created the pattern pieces for each individual piece. Every owl needs a heart, Right?


 
 


For this frame, I decided to only use the wood and supplies I had on hand.  After considering many different pieces of repurposed wood pieces, I decided on a combination of  an old panel, poplar, and birch plywood.  Harder wood in the places that needed the support and that were at risk of being broken.  Here is a picture of my dry run of all wood pieces.



Now, off to start the sanding, painting and wood chipping, while thinking about all of the yummy color options for Mr. Owl.  I'm seeing burnt orange, browns and of course blue highlights!  Maybe some metallic gold.....checkerboard pattern?

Happy Tramping 

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment