Monday, May 27, 2013

Pepsi Crate Tramp Art APothecary

So excited to share my latest creation with you all.  This piece is not one of my usual creations but incorporates tramp art and upcycling to create a very functional piece.  I started out with a vintage pepsi crate and a dozen wooden match stick holders.  After removing 2 dividers, I had the perfect bones for an apothecary.



 
With a few cuts with the miter saw, I had twelve sound drawers on which to build my tramp art.  I decided on hearts in the center with home made drawer pulls.  Antique shades of red and blue jumped out at me.  After experimenting with several shades of stain, I believe with the help of my husband, we found the perfect shade that blends with the old wood of the crate.  I dug out some vintage yard sticks that I purchased and used them on the face of each drawer.  Their vintage colors and advertising is amazing.  Sanding, notching and more sanding....Viola!  A Pepsi Crate Tramp Art Apothecary with 12 functional drawers painted in rich antique blue and red.
 


 
I am very happy with the end result and the amazingly rich colors.  Let me know what you think!!
 
Happy Upcycling    Angie
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Sue for the great input! Now that fall is here, I will be getting back to creating my creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make me one? I just luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like it. It was a lot of fun to create. It was a joint effort between my husband and I. I'm not taking orders at this time for new pieces (I'm a little behind!), but I do have enough supplies for one more. Please keep tuned in to my blog and hopefully in the near future I will be able to fit one in!!

    ReplyDelete