Thursday, May 16, 2013

Old but Good BOnes!

I have two amazing vintage wooden Pepsi crates that have lived in my basement for probably 5 years or more.  Had to have them.  They have old but good bones.  You know...worn and smells old, great patina, worn paint, and rusty but not bug or water damaged in anyway.  They have been waiting for that upcycle idea to pop in my head too long.

Well today is the vintage wooden Pepsi crates day for upcycling.  After removing a couple of the dividers, coming across a lot of wooden match boxes, I have found their destination.  I haven't put the design on paper yet, but have a Tramp Art crate apothecary forming in my head.   I believe with a few alterations, the 25 or something match boxes will become the drawers.  The faces of the drawers will have to be tramp art of course with maybe some chippy paint vintage knobs.  Or maybe a carved bird.....time will tell where these old bones will take me.

 
Happy Upcycling   Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment