Thursday, May 9, 2013

Creation of the Turquoise Star Tramp Art FRame

I started this star tramp art frame with a simple .99 cent sturdy frame from Goodwill and the desire to create a simple, not complicated tramp art piece.  I tend to stray from the Keep it simple philosophy and usually end up with a project much larger than intended.  I truly believe that I stayed with in the simplistic guidelines this time and created a intriguing piece.
 
I created the design and the basic template pieces.  I find the more time I spend on this step, the better the frames come out; the pieces fit together better and I spend less time correcting measurements.
 
 
 
After cutting, sanding and notching, I put the pieces together for a dry run.  It never fails, I always lose pieces in my travel.  Outside to sand and notch. Inside to paint.  I also think my cat hides them on me.  I'm learning the value of bins and ziplock baggies fast.
 
 
 
After painting, distressing and putting together, here is the final turquoise star tramp art frame.  It was embellished on the inside of the frame with decorative brass tacks.
 
 
 
I am quite happy with the finished product but more happy that I was able to keep it simple stupid.  Sometimes, less is more!
 
Happy Upcycling     Angie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment