Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Love of OWls

I absolutely love owls!  As I sit here and write this, all I have to do is look around and they are there.  They have surrounded me since I can remember.  From my favorite shirt ordered from Sears when I was ten to the painting that I was so proud of when I was eleven, they have always existed in my life.  Like someone watching over me, a guardian, in the background.  Protecting. 

They also come out sometimes in my pieces.  This baby owl piece was inspired by one of our favorite books when my kids were small called "Owl Babies" by Martin Waddell.  If you haven't read it to a small person, I highly recommend it.  It's comforting, the illustrations are wonderful and whats not to love about baby owls.

Here is my Baby Owlets piece.

16 x 26 Owlet Frame - Tramp Art Mirror


Owlet Detail
Owlet in Tree Detail

 

We are blessed to have the Stanwood Wildlife Sanctuary in my town and have had many up close visits with these amazing creatures. They continue to be an important presence in my life and my artwork.
 
 
 
Happy Upcycling   Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment