Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Starburst Tramp Art Frame

My Starburst tramp art frame is well underway!  I've scroll cut all of the tramp art pieces and have done a piece check.  After replacing a couple of missing pieces (Thanks kitty!), I think I'm ready to start sanding and notching.  A great time to get caught up on my movie watching! 


I've darkened the picture so that each layer is more visible.  The base layer has been cut from oak to give the frame more bottom strength with the remaining layers cut from poplar. Easier on my fingers!

Because the picture was darkened, so was the palette samples in the upper left hand corner.  This piece will be painted a much lighter shade of teal and orange with some strategically placed gold gilding. Maybe.  We'll see!


This one is going to be sooo much fun!

Happy Tramping,
Angie

P.S. Happy 17th Birthday Maddie!!!  So proud of the kind, thoughtful, and beautiful young lady you have become. You'll always be my Madwoman! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment