Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ocean Mist Tramp Art Frame is UNderway!

My Ocean Mist Tramp art frame is well underway!!  I wanted to create a frame that consisted of simple but precise shapes, soothing colors and with a touch of elegance.  I wanted to concentrate on the creation of the pattern pieces, the consistency of the wood chipping and the palette choice. 

After many different color considerations, I decided on a palette of Ocean mist green, dark chocolate, and coral, all sanded and antiqued to look shabby.  I love these soft vintage colors!  Here is a picture of my palette test.





And of course a splash of gold leafing!  Yes! Gold Leafing!  Another way to add some elegance and pop to my frames!  My technique is going to need some practice though.





I have cut, sanded and chipped all of the pattern pieces for this frame and tried to keep the cuts and chipping as consistent as possible but not enough to ruin the "trampiness" of the piece.  Here is a picture of the dry run before chipping them.



Now off to do some sanding and chipping, in my lawn chair!









While sanding and chipping of the pieces, I made a couple of little design changes and fine tuned some pieces.




 The flowers will have a 3-D element.


Now off to mix up some shades of Ocean Mist!

Happy Tramping,
Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment