Thursday, April 3, 2014

Winged ONes: Springs arrival!

It always amazing to me how the arrival of spring changes every ones outlook on life.  Mine included!  Even though my driveway is a mucky mess, I'm thrilled with the ability to start getting outside and puttering about.  After our everlasting winter, we sure have earned a good one!  Cooper is also enjoying the warm rays of sun and posing for some portraits.

 
 

Now where did I leave off on my project?  I'm trying to create a piece that has a deep, warm forest feel and a good home to my folk art winged ones.  Kind of a nestled in feel to it.  I'm thinking with the help of rich colors (greens, browns, reds), some thicker woods, and some thinner woods, I will get the look I'm looking for.  Maybe some wood burning details on the owls and toadstools?

I've created each individual pattern piece for each layer of the design.  After redesigning the trees and the layer pieces within the trees a couple of times, I think I have settled on a more free flowing design.  Here is a picture of the dry run of my pattern piece check.  I tweaked the pictures colors so that the pieces are more visible



Next on the project plan:  trace each pattern piece onto the wood and scroll cut each piece.  I'm using mostly poplar on the creation of this piece and plan on creating eyes, wings and beaks with Baltic birch. 

Off to hang my first batch of winter worn comforters on the close line!  Spring cleaning is happening!

Happy Tramping,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment