Thursday, October 17, 2013

LEt the Wood chipping begin!!!

My Sunflower Tramp Art Frame is well under way and taking shape.  I have completed the design of the pattern pieces and have fitted them to the frame.  Each side is a mirror image of its opposite, so I only design the pattern pieces for one side, but make two sets of each for each layer of tramp art.  The top sunflower design and the curved bottom do not repeat on the frame, so they are made with unique pattern pieces.  Here's a picture of the frame with the pattern pieces in their places.



 
The pattern pieces are then traced and cut out of poplar with my scroll saw. Initial piece count = 171!  Thanks to Delaney for doing Mom a favor and counting every little piece.  Now to get them all chipped and the sunflower carved.  Netflix, Amazon Prime, recliner and iced tea here I come!!
 
 
 
 
Happy Tramping!   Angie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment