Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Tramp Art FRenzy

The conditions were perfect.  Rainy weekend, busy kids and a husband on a fishing trip.  And of course streaming movies!  And not to mention the 6 hour manhunt on my road resulting in closed roads and locked doors - Yes, in my little town where this stuff is unheard of.  I fully took advantage of the situation and I notched, painted and sanded my way to complete the Star Spangled Frame.

Here is a picture of the base frame and notched layers before assembly.
 
 
This frame measures 15 1/2 x 13 1/2 and holds a standard 8 x 10 picture.  It has gold star corners and has been embellished with brass decorative tacks.
 
 
 
This piece had some designing challenges for me but I am happy to say everything turned out great. It has balance, rich colors and is an original.  It will soon be off to its new home and I will be on to my next tramp art challenge.
 
 
Happy Tramping!   Angie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment